There are a few things I have learned over the years regarding people and politics.
1. Don’t discuss politics.
2. Don’t discuss politics.
3. If you don’t like someone then discuss politics because you will probably upset them enough that they will never call you again.
4. Discussing politics online is the fastest way to get your blood pressure above recommended levels.
5. The less you know about your friend’s political views the more likely you are to stay friends with them!
6. Don’t take anything personally.
7. And whatever you do, do not discuss politics during an election year with people you would like to be friends with after the election.